Friday, April 02, 2010

What 2009 Taught Me

Finally I have the time to write again. It has been a long time since I last played with the keyboard this way and it still feels good.

Last year was a roller coaster ride for me. Test of friendship, knowing the difference between stress and burn out, the power of gossiping and so on and so forth…So anyway, I wrote down the things I learned from my life journey last year. Some may sound vague, but for the people who know me well would surely understand what I mean…

1. Some people still find it hard to believe that a man and a woman can be too close or hang out together and are really, really just friends…Just emotionally involved but not romantically inclined.

2. There are friends who can actually love you and stab you at the same time.

3. I have three sets of friends: True friends - those who know everything about me but love me anyway and that despite the absence and distance, nothing seems to have changed when we’re together again; Everyday friends - those people I see almost everyday and have become special, but don’t know everything about me, and; The Hang-out friends - those people who can give me a good laugh and rarely with dull moments, but I’m actually not sure how far they would go for me.

4. God would not let me face something or even someone I couldn’t handle. And He’ll take me far away (even if it has to be overseas) if things already seem too much to bear.

5. Monsters are everywhere. No matter how much I want to turn my back, I still have to face them eventually.

6. It’s not enough that you’re good, it also matters if you’re likeable.

7. When someone tell you that you’re his friend, it doesn’t necessarily mean that HE IS a friend.

8. One day you’ll just wake up and say “Mama’s right.”

9. The saying that happiness is something money cannot buy is not entirely true, because most often than not, money is the necessary means that leads to one’s happiness.

10. Being single at 30 shouldn’t be difficult. It’s just the people around us that make us feel that it is some kind of a chronic disease that needs special and immediate attention, otherwise we are doomed forever.

I just realized, these aren’t just the things I learned from 2009. The list is actually like a vague summary of last year. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search