Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Truth



People never cease to ask this question: "When are you getting married?" Oh jeezus! I know some people are just curious, others mean well but there are those who are simply mocking.

Most single women my age are already agitated. And I am saying "most" because believe it or not, there are a few women who just simply don't mind...and the truth is I also don't mind being single at 33. "The clock is ticking," "you're not getting any younger," "it is not good to die alone," "no one's going to take care of you when you get old," yeah yeah, I heard them all, and yeah, I know that! But it's really not that easy. Of course I miss dating and sometimes I really miss it a lot. But to actually take the next step...the truth is, I am seriously not ready yet. I still can't imagine myself waking up earlier than usual to prepare someone's else needs. I am not willing yet to wake up in the middle of the night preparing formula milk for the baby. I love sleeping and waking up anytime I want. I love turning 360 degrees on my bed just to get a good night's sleep. My portable DVD player is like almost glued to my bed. I love to travel. I love taking my parents to places they have never been. I love going out anytime I want. I love that I can choose between going out with friends or a "me time" at night, et cetera, et cetera...In short, I still love the freedom, I am not ready to be selfless yet. No hypocrisy.





Don't get me wrong. I am not closing the doors. In fact, I do believe in marriage. And like any other girl, I would also like a fancy wedding. Maybe because I still have a lot of single friends who I can go out with. Or maybe I just haven't found the one yet or he hasn't found me yet - that man who would sweep me off my feet, that one person who would make me want not to be selfish anymore. But until then, it would really be nice not to think of singlehood as a disease. God will give me what I deserve, in His time. Thank you for the prayer warriors, no need for text brigades, no need to pressure. Maybe I'll get lucky, maybe I won't.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search