Sunday, May 01, 2011

How to be Demure

Hah! As if I know the answer to that question...And I don't think I'll ever be an authority on that issue. I tried being one several times but sheeesh, my true colors would always find their way out. And I don't even remember when my last attempt was. Potty mouth (pak u, nampucha, bleep bleep *na ka,, "de kwatro" (yes, the macho way of sitting, not the mere crossing of legs), "checking out" girls (including t-backs exposed), "bwahahahaha!!!" ...not "tee hee hee", these are just some of the few things that are so "Loie".

This really isn't too much of a deal for me, but what really worries me is this not so very good (bad actually) non-demure related trait of mine...I often say what I think..to the point of having a foot-in-mouth disease...and most often than not, I shock people. For those who don't know me well, they would certainly think "that's outrageous! so boisterous! so unwomanly!", and for those who I have known for years, or decades even, "blockbuster! hayup ka hahaha! man, that's hilarious!"...Ah that's where the problem is, I tend to forget that not everyone around me nor the people i see or talk to everyday, are my friends. One time I tried to justify it by saying "I'm just being me!", but my sister said, "That's the problem, you are being you!"


Damn...Accepting the fact that you have to be "not yourself" sometimes, is something far from actually doing it...Pffft...and I think I have to do something about it now...





** I wrote this in my Friendster blog on June 17, 2006. So, have I changed?  Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search