Sunday, May 01, 2011

Never ..Love..Yet

After blogging for almost a year and non-stop questions from people about my "civil status", I realized it has really been a long time since I have thought about love. Have I gone so bato? Is Cathy right that I might have become a man-hater?

For several years, my life has undergone a series of unfortunate events. Therefore I cannot be blamed for rolling my eyes (discreetly) when someone incessantly whines about her problems about not having found "The One" yet, or which one among her ex-boylets could be branded "The One Who Got Away". Don't get me wrong, I am always willing to listen, but please don't make it sound that you have such a miserable and lonely life and that your problems are much bigger than mine.

Sheltered? Nuh-uh. I am constantly exposed to varying personalities of men and their (evil) deeds, intentional or not, and these have inflicted me fear and pain. Sadly, I am more inclined to pessimism now. But I still get kilig naman. Sometimes jologs pa. In fact, the love triangle among  King Junghong, Sir Min, and Jang Geum made me smile hehe...

When you love, you become more susceptible to pain. And when you're in pain, sometimes emotion takes over your logic. But of course, it's all about taking risk. BUT I STAND FIRM, with this still very blurry path towards my future, the risk of falling in love is at the bottom of list or perhaps, it's not even there yet.

So, have I gone bato and man-hater? Maybe slightly. Who says I'm closing my doors? I may have thought of the possibility of not having to check the "married" box on my personal data sheet, but I still marvel at how true love really feels and how it would knock me off my feet.

I never said never to LOVE, I'm just saying NOT YET...

(From my Friendster blog. Written March 12, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search