Sunday, May 01, 2011

Hangover

Yesterday, i woke up with a headache, feeling heavy and with a dry mouth. Was it really a hangover or just because i slept at 3am and had to wake up at 7:30am to take the car outside the garage for the reason that there's an ongoing house repair? I don't really know. But yes, i had a drinking spree with four of my best male buddies.

It has been a long time since i had a real drink with real fun. And that means more than 2 bottles of beer and 6 hours of deafening laughter. No problems discussed, no serious heart to heart talk, just plain good time (and basagan ng pagkatao). When i enrolled in law school, my life drastically changed. Of course i met very good friends in school. we try to find time to have fun,but the pressure was always there. For five years I only held 4 things--pen,paper,books, and steering wheel. Not to mention the syringe, medicines, tens machine, and sphygmanomometer last year(did i spell it right?). I'm not saying that i have always been an angel to my parents, i've been adventurous a couple of times too. Those close to me definitely know what i had given up. Yes, papa is healthy again, yet, things didn't work out for my other plans (damn those tears!)...

So when Mama started texting me at 12mn ordering me to come home in the midst of the roaring laughter, i had to choose between the always obedient me and the "i'm tired of missing all the fun" me. As my cellphone's battery drained, i took it as a sign. For the first time I was not panic-stricken with that "Anna Eloisa uwi na" message...Yeah, i became a bad example to the youngsters. i have always been a good daughter but 6 hours of laughter?! it was definitely worth it. She wasn't mad really, just that the thought that i'm the only female in the group is still kind of unacceptable for her...

I still have the hangover...the smile has not left my face...hangover from the fun i have had with my friends :)

**Date: June 7, 2005 from my Friendster blog. The very first blog I've written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search